Providing new and innovative ways for interacting with data is becoming increasingly important. In the "Practical Seminar: Interactive Analytics" students work with real-world data, create design solutioins and implement interactive analytics prototypes. The seminar is carried out in cooperation between Teco/Chair of Pervasive Computing Systems (Prof. Beigl) and the Institute of Information Systems and Marketing (IISM, Prof. Mädche). The students will work in interdisciplinary mixed groups consisting of computer science, information engineering & management and industrial engineering & management bachelor and master students. The main focus of this lecture is to design and implement interactive analytical systems that works with Eye-tracking (Tobii 4C) or control armband devices. The projects for this practical seminar is in cooperation with KPMG company.
The students will:
- Explore real-world data using state-of-the-art Business Intelligence & Analytics systems to understand the problem ( The data is coming with KPMG company)
- Suggest and evaluate different design solutions for addressing the problem
- Create interactive analytics prototypes using advanced interaction concepts and pervasive computing technologies ( Eye-tracking or control armband devices)
- Kick Off Session: Friday, 27th April / 10:00 - 12:00 / KD2Lab
- Midterm Presentation: TBD / TECO
- Final Presentations: Friday July 20th / 09:00 - 13:00 / KD2Lab