Interactive Analytics Seminar
- Type: Seminar
- Semester: SS 2019
- SWS: 3
- Lv-No.: 2540553
Providing new and innovative ways for interacting with data is becoming increasingly important. In the "Practical Seminar: Interactive Analytics" students work with real-world data, create design solutioins and implement interactive analytics prototypes. The seminar is carried out in cooperation between Teco/Chair of Pervasive Computing Systems (Prof. Beigl) and the Institute of Information Systems and Marketing (IISM, Prof. Mädche). The students will work in interdisciplinary mixed groups consisting of computer science, information engineering & management and industrial engineering & management bachelor and master students. The main focus of this lecture is to design and implement interactive analytical systems that works with Eye-tracking (Tobii 4C) suprvised by Peyman Toreini from IISM or control armband devices supervised by Erik Pescara from TECO.
The students will:
- Explore real-world data using state-of-the-art Business Intelligence & Analytics systems to understand the problem
- Suggest and evaluate different design solutions for addressing the problem
- Create interactive analytics prototypes using advanced interaction concepts and pervasive computing technologies ( Eye-tracking or control armband devices)
Master and bachelor students from computer science, information engineering & management and industrial engineering & management can visit the practical seminar. For the registration to the seminar, students have to use this link on Wiwi-Portal (will start from 8th of March 2019, 9:00 AM) .
There are three official sessions for this seminar and all are mandatory for the students to participate. In the first meeting, students will get familiar with the six different projects, supervisors and will team up in groups of four ( mix of studnets from different subjects). In the midterm presentation, all the teams will present their current results in front of the other groups and experts to receive feedback. The final presentation will be on the KD2Lab, and all groups will present the final result of the practical seminar in front of participants from IISM and TECO .
** Groups and their supervisors should contact their supervisors to set up some internal meetings during the seminar.
- Kick Off Session: May 6th 2019 / 9:00-12:00 KD2Lab
- Midterm Presentation: June 19th 2019/ (Afternoon) / TECO
- Final Presentations: July 19th 2019 / 09:00 - 13:00 / KD2Lab
- Final Document Submission: August 16th 2019
For organizational questions please contact Peyman Toreini at IISM or Erik Pecara at TECO