- Conversational Agents (Chatbots, Voicebots) for Customer Service
- Chatbot Analytics - Data-Driven Chatbot Optimization
- Language Understanding (NLU) Support
- Conversation Mining
- Chatbot Feedback and Evaluation
- Interplay of AI-Chatbot and Human Service Agents in Digital Customer Service
- Energy Industry
Ongoing Industry Collaboration
Project description: Link
Industry Partner: Heidelberger Services AG (hsag) is a company founded in 2005 with an industry focus on the energy sector. The dynamic company offers its customers, small to large energy suppliers and network operators, a wide range of innovative consulting and services. This includes both content and web design marketing, business process outsourcing, trained support for process execution and customer service, consulting and Robotic Process Automation, and software products including Chatbot Isa. Hsag is always looking for new employees with energy! For current offers; full jobs, internships or working student vacancies, look here.
Chatlog Data Analysis with Smart Data Innovation Lab (SDIL), Evaluation of City of Karlsruhe Chatbot, Hybrid Customer Service Agent Developement in the Context of the Digitalization in the Energy Industry: MeKIDI. For additional insights into previous chatbot research, visit Chatbotresarch.
Seminar, Bachelor or Master Thesis
Possible Directions: 1) NLU Support Systems (Text/Topic Mining, Utterance and NLU Training Data Analysis); 2) Methods, Concepts and Tools in Chatbot Analytics (Literature Review); 3) Advanced Conversation Mining, 4) Collection of Chatbot Feedback (Experimental Study with Feedback Variants)
|Open! Thesis with technical as well as conceptual focus possible|
|WS21 - WS22||Thesis||Context Sensitive Chatbots for Product Configuration (Master Thesis), Conversation Mining for Customer Service (Master Thesis)||Finished|
|Labeling Tool for Chatbot Conversations, Sentiment Analysis Models on Chatbot Data, Process Mining for Experimental Chatbot Dataset||Finished|
SS 21 - WS22
|Human-AI Collaboration, Preferences in Online Customer Service (Human vs. AI), Chatbot Analytics||Finished|
If you are interested in writing a seminar paper or a thesis on a topic related to my research interests, you can contact me at any time. Practical relevance guaranteed!
- "Conversation Mining for Customer Service" (Position Paper, Conversations 2022)
- "Designing a Context-Aware Chatbot for Product Configuration" (Full Paper, Conversations 2022, Co-Author)
- "Towards Designing a Conversation Mining System for Customer Service" (Short Paper, ICIS 2022)
- "Chatbot Analytics mittels Betriebsdaten" (Buchkapitel, HMD Praxis der Wirtschaftsinformatik, 2021)